Windows license is about to expire, how to fix. The Windows license is about to expire, it is an annoying message that appears on the computer. But do not worry. In this article, we will look at how to fix this problem, showing you some solutions to help you fix it.
The message “Your Windows license is about to expire” appears on the computer screen. This annoying problem will arise in the following situations:
- Upgrading your Windows OS to Windows 10 from previous versions of Windows gives you a free license for 1 year.
- Installing Windows 10 without a license gives you free access to Windows 10 for one month.
It can be said that Windows 10 is not free as most people think, you have to purchase a license or product key to continue using this operating system. We have Windows 10 serials that can help you solve the problem, try them.
- Windows license is about to expire activate Windows 10 without using any software
- Manual activation – Method working
- How to activate Windows 10 using Activator
- Activate Windows KMSPico
- How to activate Windows 10 Microsoft Toolkit
- Activate the Windows license by disabling and stopping two services
- Windows license is about to expire, let’s reset the trial time
Windows license is about to expire activate Windows 10 without using any software
Manual activation – Method working
Run KMS commands from the command prompt.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator. Click the Start button, search for “cmd”, then run it with administrator rights.
- Install KMS client key. Use the “slmgr/ipk yourlicensekey” command to install a license key (yourlicensekey is the activation key corresponding to the Windows edition). Below is the list of Windows 10 license keys.
Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
Home Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
Home Country Specific: PVMJN6-9
Professional Country Specific: PVMJN6-9: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
Enterprise: NPPR9-FWDCX -D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
Note: You need to press the [Enter] key to execute the commands.
- Set the address of the KMS machine. Use the “slmgr/skms kms8.msguides.com” command to connect to my KMS server.
- Activate Windows. The last step is to activate Windows using the “slmgr/ato” command.
Now check the activation status again.
How to activate Windows 10 using Activator
There are many activators available on the internet, but the problem is that some contain viruses while others don’t work well and sometimes even damage Windows. To avoid this problem, I share with you the best activator that works almost always.
Activate Windows KMSPico
The name of this activator is KMSPico, it was scanned by Virus Total and it does not contain any malware or trojans. It is the only tool available on the Internet, very popular today. This is because it was developed by the most trusted Daz Team who contributed so many activators for Windows users.
This tool is suitable for any edition of Windows and can also activate both architectures. Some antiviruses may show that it is a virus but this only happens because these types of piracy tools have been blacklisted.
So you have to ignore this warning as it does not contain any viruses and I have never encountered any problems while using it. It works offline and you don’t need to have an internet connection for activation, plus it’s very small in size, doesn’t take up much space on your PC.
This can be removed after activation, but activation will remain the same until a new version of Windows is installed. It is the permanent solution for every edition of Windows and also supports Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Best of all, it also supports Microsoft Office activation and all its versions up to 2007.
If you want to know more about this tool and want to activate Windows, please follow this link: KMSpico Activator for Windows 10, the password is 12345.
How to activate Windows 10 Microsoft Toolkit
Another tool that can also be used is Microsoft Toolkit, which was created by unknown developers. It is also a free tool just like the KMSPico activator and is also used to activate Windows 10 without having a product key.
There are two methods of activation, one uses the AutoKMS method while the other uses the EZ activation method. The old name of this toolkit was EZ Activator, which works on the Internet connection, so you need to connect to an appropriate Internet connection, then you can activate Windows, errors will be shown.
After the recent updates, they renamed it Microsoft Toolkit and also added an offline activation feature. If you intend to use the offline method, you need to use AutoKMS. KMS is Microsoft’s technology that connects all the computers in a large company to one server where it activates them all at once.
But in case you are trying to activate via the internet, you need to switch to EZ activation. It is also a safe method, so don’t worry about your data being stolen as it is also trusted by Virus Total.
Some antivirus may show it as a virus, so don’t worry ignore it and disable it, then activate Windows using Toolkit.
If you want to know more about this and want to activate Windows, follow this link: Microsoft Toolkit Activator
Activate the Windows license by disabling and stopping two services
Here is the tutorial on how to fix the “Windows license is about to expire” problem by disabling the Windows Licensing Services and Windows Update.
Step 1: Type services.msc. in the Cortana search box.
Step 2: Once the service.msc window opens, you need to edit two services.
- Look for the Windows Licensing Service in the service.msc window. Double-click it, select Disabled and Stop, then click the Apply button and OK button to confirm the changes.
- Find Windows Update, then Disable and Stop
Step 3: Restart your computer to verify that the message no longer appears.
Windows license is about to expire, let’s reset the trial time
If your trial use of Windows 10 is over, you can try this solution to reset the trial time and avoid the message “Your Windows license is about to expire”.
In this situation, you can reset the trial time via the command prompt and registry editor, which will allow you to use Windows 10 normally as if the trial period is still running. Follow the steps below to solve this problem.
Step 1: Open Command Prompt.
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard;
- type cmd in the Run box, and then click on OK.
Step 2: After the Command Prompt window appears, type the slmgr –rearm command and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Note: The “slmgr” tool can be used to delete the product key, view license information, and so on.
Step 3: Follow the prompt to restart your computer within one minute. Thereafter, the activation timer will be set to allow an additional 30 days of trial use.
Note: You can’t do this forever, you can only use this trick three times. But you can extend the use of the trial by doing the following steps.
Step 4: Open the registry editor.
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box, and you click on OK.
Step 5: After opening Registry Editor, navigate to the following items: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Microsoft, Windows NT, CurrentVersion, and SL.
Step 6: Change the SkipRearm value data to 1.
- Locate SkipRearm
- Right-click on the key and select Edit
- Enter 1 in the Value data box, and then click on OK
Step 7: Open Command Prompt again. Then type slmgr – rearm and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Note: Repeating the above steps can extend your Windows 10 trial time to 360 days.