Vivo is set to launch a successor to the Vivo X7 which was launched in the middle of the year. The new smartphone is called the Vivo X9, and according to a recent teaser by the company, the Vivo X9 would be launched together with the Vivo X9 Plus (which is also a successor to the Vivo X7 Plus) on the 16th of November.
The most interesting feature of the Vivo X9 is the dual 20MP + 8MP front-facing cameras on it. We’ve seen a lot of smartphones with dual rear cameras of recent, including the explosive Galaxy Note 7, but it’s very rare to find smartphones that sport dual front cameras. If smartphones whose (single) front cameras had more megapixel count than the rear camera were called camera-centric, I wonder what smartphones with dual front-facing cameras would be called 😀 .
Vivo X9 Specifications, Review and Highlights
Not all specifications of the Vivo X9 have been released, but we’ll try to describe everything we have for now. The Vivo X9 comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The smartphone has a unibody metal design and sports narrow bezels, according to teasers released by Vivo.
It comes with 4GB of RAM and probably 64GB internal storage capacity. The smartphone is also powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 processor. In the aspect of camera and photography, only the details of the front camera are known, and as I stated earlier, it’s expected to come with a 20MP + 8MP dual camera setup at the front. There are some speculations that the 20MP camera would be made with a Sony IMX376 sensor, but this info hasn’t been officially confirmed.
The Vivo X9 is expected to support 4G LTE network bands and run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
Vivo X9 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM.
- 3G – HSPA.
- 4G – LTE.
- SIM Type – –
- Dimensions – –
- Weight – –
- Display – 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 * 1080) IPS touchscreen.
- Build: Metal unibody design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – –
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 653.
- Processor Speed – –
- Number of Processor Cores – –
- Graphics Processor –
- RAM – 4 GB.
- Internal Storage – 64 GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: –
- Rear – –
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 20MP + 8MP dual cameras.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio – –
- Bluetooth – v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – No.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery: –
- Charging – Fast Charge –
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – –
- Launch Date – November 16, 2016.
- Availability – TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms – TBA
- Launch Price: TBA
Vivo X9 Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Vivo X9 would be announced at an event in China on the 16th of November as officially confirmed by the company. Then, the price details of the smartphone would be known.