If you’re not aware, credit cards experts agree that adding authorized users to your card, i.e users who are able to use your card and enjoy its benefits like you is a brilliant way to earn rewards and build credit. If you are an Apple Card owner, you should already be used to the cashback rewards it offers you from time to time. And it is very wise to consider signing up for Apple Card Family if it is your main card.
Apple Card Family is a fresh program that allows you to add a co-owner to your card, along with 3 other “participants.” All other authorized users added gets access to the Apple Card, and all users’ expenses will be calculated as one bill. Therefore if this bill is paid off on time, everybody’s credit will get boosted. See How To Use Apple Card Family To Share A Credit Card With Your Loved Ones:
How Apple Card Family Works?
The Apple Card Family plan works like other authorized user plans. About 5 people (including yourself) can use one Apple Card account. 2 people can be named as co-owners, while 3 people will become participants.
- Co-owners are equally responsible for the card – meaning they also pay the bills and set up spending limits and other card preferences.
- Participants are allowed to spend within the limits set by co-owners, and if they are above 18, they can build credit from their purchases.
Anybody in the Family plan will be able to use the card through Apple Pay, or with a physical credit card. Participants need to be at least 13 years old. Also, everyone involved in the Apple Card Family plan has to be on the same Family Sharing plan.
How Can I Set Up Apple Card Family?
To set up an Apple Card Family plan, you’ll need to have already been approved for an Apple Card, and you must’ve set up a Family Sharing plan.
- Launch the Wallet application on your iPhone and choose your Apple Card.
- Click the ellipsis icon in the top-right corner, click “Share My Card.”
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ: How to Lock or Unlock your Titanium Apple Card on iPhone
- Be aware that on an iPad, the first steps are quite different. Rather than Wallet, launch the Settings app and click “Wallet & Apple Pay,” then “Apple Card” and then “Info.” Once you get there, find “Share My Card” and click it.
- Click “Continue,” to accept the Family Sharing terms, then choose whether you would want to add a co-owner or participant. If you select “Co-owners,” you’ll need to disclose your income amount, if you choose “Participant,” you’ll also need to set a spending limit for the new member.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Purchase Online With Apple Card
- Tap “Send Invitation.”
This will send an invite to the new Family plan member, in the form of a Wallet notification. He or she needs to accept the invitation and type in their personal information (including their social security no if they are above 18.)
Repeat these instructions for every member you would love to add to the Apple Card Family plan. Don’t forget that you can only have one other co-owner and three participants.
That is that.