Are you fed up with various noise polluting plants, generators or institutes robbing you of your sleep? Well, I bring you good news, you can actually have the perpetrators reported whenever you feel like it. As you already know, noise pollution is the persistent exposure to excessive sound levels that can be very uncomfortable for human beings.
As expected, noise pollution can be quite disturbing in Nigeria, especially in Lagos, where inconsiderate citizens are scattered all over the place doing things as they please without caring about how others feel. If you’ve had enough and you don’t wish to keep exposing yourself to the dangers that come with noise pollution, LASEPA can be of help.
If you’re not aware, Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) was set up to create a healthy environment for Lagosians, and they are in charge of working on a clean sustainable environment for all Lagos State residents. In fact, 4 years ago, the General Manager of the organization revealed that LASEPA as the regulator of pollution in Lasgidi is empowered to rid the state of any form of pollution, adding that “the agency as the Environment regulator has been monitoring the state environment without fear or favour. The Agency has been enforcing Environmental regulation around the State based on petitions received from the public and there are procedures which the Agency adopts in carrying out its operation.” Now that we know the organization to reach out to, let’s show you Report Noise Pollution To LASEPA In Lagos, Nigeria:
How Can I Report Noise Pollution In Lagos, Nigeria (LASEPA)?
- To begin, tap here to visit the official Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) site.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Report Road Incidents In Google Maps On Your iPhone?
- Head to the top right corner of their website (Navigation Menu) then tap “Contact Us.”
- Under “Contact Us,” swipe down a bit and you’ll see “Report A Problem” on the right sidebar of the website. Tap it.
- After choosing “Report A Problem,” you’ll be redirected to a page where you can fill in required information like your name, telephone number, email address, and details of your complaints. Be certain that your complaint is verified after proper investigation.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Check Plate Number Owner Details In Nigeria (2021)
- After receiving your petition, the agency will send out its inspection team to confirm what you are complaining about. Once LASEPA confirms any environmental infringement, the agency will reach out to the parties involved for a mediation meeting. Once agreements are seen to be violated by any party, LASEPA immediately enforces compliance by shutting down the defaulter.
That is that.