Meizu has launched another smartphone in the Meizu m3 series, the Meizu m3s in India. The Meizu m3s comes after the Meizu m3, Meizu m3e and Meizu m3 max, and though it’s called a budget device, a once-over of its specs would give you a different idea.
Table of Headings
Meizu m3s Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Meizu m3s has a 5-inch HD display covered with 2.5D curved glass. An octa-core MediaTek MT6570 processor with an upper clock speed of 1.5GHz runs its operations underneath with the help of a Mali T860 GPU.
The phone comes in two storage variants; the first with 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB of eMMC 5.0 internal storage, and the second with 3GB of LPDRR3 RAM and 32GB of eMMC 5.0 internal storage. The best part is that both variants come with microSD card slots, allowing you to expand the default storage capacity up to 128GB.
The Meizu m3s packs a 3,020mAh battery and has an hybrid dual nano-SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE function. It sports a 13MP camera with 0.2-second fast PDAF and dual-tone LED flash at the rear, and a 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture upfront.
The m3s comes with a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded in its home button. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop from the box with Meizu’s Flyme OS (also version 5.1) layered on top.
Meizu m3s Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Nano SIM.
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop with FlyMe OS 5.1.
- Dimensions: 141.9* 69.9 * 8.3mm.
- Weight: 138g.
- Display: 5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD (294 PPI), IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody design.
- Form Factor: –
- Colours: Gold, Silver and Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core Cortex-A53.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T860 MP2.
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3.
- Internal Storage: 16GB / 32GB eMMC 5.0.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (hybrid slot).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Rear: 13 MP, f/2.2 aperture, 0.2-second fast PDAF, dual-tone LED flash.
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection.
- Video recording: Yes, [email protected]
- Front-facing: 5 MP, f/2.0 aperture.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz) dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,020 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Lollipop’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: 25, October, 2016.
- Availability: -.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Snapdeal (Buy Now) [Exclusive].
- Offline: –
- Launch Price (2GB RAM / 16GB ROM Model)
- Nigeria: N50500.
- Kenya: KES 12146.
- Ghana: GHS 476.
- India: Rs. 7999
- China: 812.3
- USA: $119.8
- UK: GBP 98.35.
- Launch Price (3GB RAM / 32GB ROM Model)
- Nigeria: N58500.
- Kenya: KES 14115.1
- Ghana: GHS 556.9
- India: Rs. 9299.
- China: CNY 944.
- USA: $139.2
- UK: GBP 114.3
Meizu m3s Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Meizu m3s would be available in India in Gold, SIlver and Grey colour versions, exclusively from Snapdeal. The 2GB/16GB RAM/ROM variant would cost Rs. 7999 in India, while the 3GB/32GB RAM/ROM variant would cost Rs. 9299 in India.