Sequel to the release of the HTC 10 flagship smartphone, HTC has now unveiled its successor dubbed the HTC 10 Evo. The company has said that it is not a flagship phone but an evolution of their flagship smartphone HTC 10.
The HTC 10 Evo comes with few new features different from that of the HTC 10 such as a larger display, water resistance and a clever USB-C headphones. Yes! You heard that. You don’t need to buy any additional earphones for this phone. It also sports a large screen 5.5inch display.
It is important to note that the HTC 10 Evo is the same as the HTC Bolt which was launched for Sprint’s 4G LTE Plus in the USA last week. The HTC 10 Evo is the international version of t he HTC Bolt.
Table of Headings
HTC 10 Evo Specifications, Review and Highlights
The HTC 10 Evo sports a 5.5 Inch Super LCD 3 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 (534 PPI) pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It packs a non-removable Li-Ion 3200mAh battery to give you a talking time of up to 23 hours and a standby of 480 hours.
The HTC 10 Evo features an impressive 16MP f/2.0 aperture, OIS, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash rear camera and 8MP f/2.4, Auto-HDR front camera. HTC has a way of compensating their picture-loving customers.
The Evo comes with an Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810, with Adreno 430 GPU processor. The HTC 10 Evo offers a 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM which is expandable to 256GB. It also comes with a slot for the micro SD. The HTC 10 Evo will run on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The smartphone comes in Silver and Black colours and features a fingerprint sensor and supports Wi-fi/2G/3G/4G/LTE. The device comes with a Bluetooth, USB and a GPS. It has a dual-SIM card, with Nano-SIM feature.
HTC 10 Evo Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G: HSPA+ GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 4G: LTE LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Dimensions: 153.6 * 77.3 * 8.1 mm (6.05 * 3.04 * 0.32 in)
- Weight: 174 g (6.14 oz).
- Display: 5.5 inches, 1440 x 2560 pixels (FHD), 534 pixels per inch (PPI) AMOLED touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Silver & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core (4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53).
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 430.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.2 Fingerprint Sensor speed.
- Rear: 16MP with f/2.0 aperture, OIS & phase detection autofocus (PDAF).
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p @ 30fps.
- Front-facing: 8MP with f/2.4 aperture & Auto-HDR.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,200 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 22, 2016.
- Availability: –
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: from N82,740.
- Kenya: Ksh 57,229.
- Ghana: GHS 2,263.
- India: Rs. 38, 500.
- China: 3,875 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $562.
- UK: £453.
- Europe: €529.
HTC 10 Evo Availability and Price Details in the UK, India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The HTC 10 Evo has been launched in India at a price of Rs 38,500, but its availability in Nigeria is yet to be confirmed. It is set to be sold on online stores in the UK at a price not less than £500.