For a lot of us, Google Maps is now an important tool for moving around (even if Google gives the wrong direction sometimes.)
Google Maps stores a record of anywhere you navigate, and the application simplifies your location history, complete with the precise routes you used to get there. If you have privacy issues, you can just delete your history or deactivate it totally.
Knowing how to view your location history is the same on both an iOS device and an Android phone.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to show your speed and speed limits in Google Maps
How Can I See My Location History In Google Maps?
- Launch the Google Maps application on your device.
- Click the 3 horizontal lines (referred to as a hamburger menu) at the top left of the display.
- Click “Your timeline.”
You will be able to explore the trips you’ve made, every day. You can then scroll the bottom half of the display to change says, or click the calendar icon at the top of the display to select a particular day. Google Maps will even reveal the pictures you snapped with your device’s camera at locations on the map.
How Can I Delete My Location History In Google Maps?
If you wish to get rid of particular locations from your history or to clear all the data completely, it can be done. Adhere to these instructions:
- On your timeline page, click the 3 dots at the top right of the display.
- On the pop-up menu, click “Settings.”
- You will be presented with 3 options: They are: To get rid of a particular set of locations, click “Delete Location History range” and after that, on the Delete range page, select the start and end dates. Then click “Delete.” To delete your location history totally, click “Delete all Location History” and ensure your choice is confirmed on the pop-up display. For the configuration of Google Maps to instantly clear your location history after some months, click “Automatically delete Location History.” On the next display, decide whether you want to get rid of your history after every 3 months or after every eighteen months and then click “Next.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Edit a Location in Google Maps
How Can I Deactivate Location Tracking In Google Maps?
If you never wish for Google Maps to save your location history, it is possible to disable this feature.
- On “Your timeline” page, click the 3 dots at the top right of the display.
- Click “Location History is on.”
- On the Location History page, disable Location History by scrolling the button to the left.