Nowadays, several smartphone cameras can compete favorably with premium DSLRs and we expect that trend to not end anytime soon. The truth is that it has never been simpler to snap a brilliant work of art to share with your Instagram followers, however, several Instagram photos often don’t appear as high-quality as the originals.
If you are not aware, Instagram allows the maximum image size of 1080p x 1350p, therefore if your picture is below this size, Instagram automatically enlarges it on your behalf. If it is higher, as it often is, Instagram will do the compression and resizing for you as well. Luckily for us all, there are ways around this issue and we’ll break down the solutions by showing you How To View Full-Size Instagram Photos & Profile Pictures:
Table of Headings
How Can I View Instagram Photos In Full Resolution?
Even if several people access their Instagram account via the smartphone application, the app will not allow you to see pictures in full size. Instead, you’ll have to use your smartphone or desktop browser to make it happen. Just:
- Head to Instagram’s site from your browser and then get yourself logged in.
- Since you cannot click on a picture directly from your feed, head to the user’s profile and then open the picture you wish to see.
- In the address bar, add media/?size=l to the end of the URL.
So if the picture’s original URL is:
The changed URL will be:
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Turn Off Instagram Auto Feed/Timeline Refresh
- Tap Enter and the picture will be visible in full size.
You can also view the picture in medium or thumbnail version. To make that happen, add the following to the end of the picture’s URL:
media/?size=m for medium size
media/?size=t for thumbnail size
And if you really dig the full-size photo, you’ll be able to save it by right-clicking anywhere on the image and clicking “Save Image As…”
How Can I View Full-Size Profile Pictures On Instagram?
As you already know, Instagram only shows the cropped circular version of profile photos on its platform, and its application doesn’t let you view pictures in full size. In fact, clicking on the picture only reveals the user’s Stories, nothing else. Not to worry though, because there is a solution for whatever platform you use.
For PC, Mac And Smartphone Browsers:
- Head to Instagram’s site from your browser. You don’t even have to be logged in to view the user’s profile photo.
- Locate the Instagram account that you wish to see the full-size profile photo of.
- Copy the profile’s username.
- Head to thumbtube.com and paste the username into the search field.
- Tap “Submit” and the full-size profile picture will be visible on the screen.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to share stories of others on Instagram
That is that.