Uber is one of the most popular ways to tour the world’s major cities. All you have to do is download the app and create an account to order a private taxi ride. However, Uber has realized that some users do not have a smartphone and cannot use the app to book. That’s why they created a website that allows users to get the same results without using a smartphone. Stay with us and we will explain how everything works.
CREATE YOUR UBER ONLINE ACCOUNT
If you do not have a smartphone, you can still book rides on Uber but instead of using the app, you will have to rely on Uber’s official website. We explain what you need to do to create a profile and how to book a Uber driver later. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Uber website with your PC or laptop. When you get to the homepage, you can start the registration process. Uber will want to know your location, so press “Yes” when Uber asks you to share your location. You will share your IP address with Uber, helping them understand where you are.
- Enter your account details and payment method. Next, you will need to provide your email address and enter a password. Fill in all the boxes with the correct information to complete the registration process. The last step is to enter the payment method by providing your credit card number. However, you can do it later.
- When filling in all the boxes, press the big blue button at the bottom of the page. It says “Create account” and after clicking on it, you are ready to order your first Uber ride.
ORDINATION OF RACES WITHOUT THE UBER APP
Now that your account is set up, you can use any computer or mobile device to reserve a Uber driver. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the official Uber website on any device.
- Some users receive a “Network Error” for security reasons. If so, write an email to the Uber support team. Include your name, the email you used to register the account and explain that you are receiving the error. The problem should be solved in a few hours. If after the problem persists for a few days, resend the message.
- Enter your email and password to access the site. Press “Done” and you should be able to access Uber’s website.
- If you have skipped the payment information section during profile creation, enter the payment details first. You are now ready to book your first Uber ride.
BOOK A TOUR
Ok, when you entered the payment details and when everything went well, you are ready to book your first ride. Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way in no time.
- First, enter the pickup location. The “set pickup” pin will be displayed in the center of the screen. If Uber cannot automatically find your exact location, enter the address manually by moving the placemark to the desired location.
- So, choose the type of ride you need. You can choose larger family wagons if you are carrying a lot of luggage or if there are more than 4 people traveling together. Click on the toy car icon in the lower right corner and choose the race you want.
- Now, after selecting the pickup location and the type of vehicle, confirm the selection by touching the “Set pickup location” banner on the map. This will take you to the confirmation screen.
- Once there, enter your destination. You will see a bar that says “Add Return Location” in the upper right corner of the screen. Enter your destination.
- So check the cost of the ride. Click on the “Price Quote” button to get a price estimate.
- You can also use a promotional code if you have one. Click on “Promotional Code” right next to the “Price Quote” and enter the code in the box.
- If you have entered all the information, you are ready to book your first Uber ride. Press the black button at the bottom of the screen and the first available driver will start moving to the collection point.
FOLLOW YOUR UBER DRIVER
One of Uber’s best features is that you can follow the car that should come to you in real-time. Leave the browser open and watch how your car approaches your position. You will also have access to driver information. Whatever you do, leave the browser open until the taxi arrives.
GET UBER RIDES WITHOUT SMARTPHONE
Uber has conquered the world and the company is always looking for new ways to improve its services. Because some users do not have smartphones, they have also made it possible to book a ride through their official website. So, if you ever find yourself stuck somewhere without a smartphone, you can use other devices and book a ride in no time.
Do you use the Uber app or the site to book private taxi rides? If you are using the app, did you know that you can also use the desktop site? Let us know in the comments section below.