Everyone knows Skype has been available as a mobile app and desktop app for a long time. However, are you aware that you can also use its web-based client to instant message and video call your friends or colleagues? Well, it is actually possible. If you must know, the web app also needs a browser plug-in for specific features.
Skype for Web is basically a full-featured, web-based version of Skype, and it automatically loads all your contacts and conversations in the browser. Skype for Web can actually be used when you are away from home, when you don’t have access to your mobile device or PC, and don’t want to install the native application on your device. For the right way to use it, see How To Use Skype On Your Internet Browser [Skype Web Login]:
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Record Skype Calls on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
How Can I Use Skype On My Internet Browser [Skype Web Login]?
Using the web-based Skype is not a complicated process, and you need to head to this site https://www.skype.com/en/.
You’ll see a “Sign In” tab at the right top corner of the page on the site. Once you click on it, a drop-down menu will be visible, and it will give you 3 options. If you already own an existing account with Skype, tap “Use Skype online.”
If you want to be Skype for just texting, you don’t have to proceed further. However, if you need to proceed further, you have to give the web Skype permission to use the camera and microphone of the computer.
Requirements For Using Skype On My Internet Browser [Skype Web Login]?
Right now, Skype for Web-only works on Windows 10 and macOS 10.12 or higher using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, even if it should also work in Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox.
The web application will also prompt you to install a plug-in before making or receiving your first video/audio call. Also, be aware that even if Skype for Web works with Chrome, it does not work on Chromebooks.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Turn Off Skype Read Receipts For Mobile And Desktop
Key Features In Skype For Web?
- HD video calls, instant messaging, and audio calling.
- One-on-one or group video calling.
- Timeline view on left (a single, searchable list, so it’s simpler to start and find conversations.)
- Notifications (you’ll have to activate them when you sign in) even if you are using another application or viewing another site in another browser window.
- Searching for the link or picture you sent days back? Simply search the “Chat Media Gallery” for files, links, and photos shared in a conversation, whether it was yesterday or a month ago.
That is that.