If you spend a lot of your day on Instagram, you’ll most likely find the automatic feed refresh very frustrating. The truth is that it could be very annoying to experience the platform automatically changing the feed as soon as the app opens. Even if Instagram is yet to provide any fix for this problem, the good news that a quick fiddling with your phone’s settings can be the solution you are looking for.
If you’re not aware, Instagram does the auto-feed refresh because the app automatically refreshes itself in the background. Sadly, it doesn’t just ruin your Insta feed, it also uses your phone’s battery life recklessly. Not to worry though, this tutorial will definitely help you. See How To Turn Off Instagram Auto Feed/Timeline Refresh On Android Or iPhone:
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Remove Personal Contacts From Instagram
How Can I Turn Off Instagram Auto-Refresh On iPhone Or iPad?
- Go to “Settings” and “General.”
- Tap “Background App Refresh” and locate Instagram on the list.
- Toggle the “Turn off Background App Refresh” option by clicking on it. You can also switch off background app refresh for all the apps on your phone from the first option. You can even set it to refresh an app-only while using Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi & Cellular Data.
How Can I Turn Off Instagram Auto-Refresh On Android?
On your Android device, the process can change based on what skin you are using. However, most of the options are identical, whether it is OnePlus, Xiaomi, Samsung, or Motorola.
To make the change, just:
- Find and access “Settings.”
- You have to click on “Wi-Fi and Mobile data,” usually found at the top of the menu on all variants of Android.
- Locate an option that says something similar to “Data Usage” and then click “Mobile Data Usage.”
- Choose Instagram from the list under the graph and click “Allow background data usage to turn off.”
- As soon as you turn it off, Instagram will stop refreshing the feed in the background automatically.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Disable Message Requests in Instagram
Another simple way to prevent Instagram from updating itself and wasting your data and battery is by just close the application from the multitasking pane. Fortunately for everyone, this can happen on Android and iOS devices.
That is that.