How to set up and use Fitbit. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to lose weight, be more active during the day, or anything in between, Fitbit is a great way to help you reach your goals. Are you excited to get started with yours but need help setting it up the first time? You are in the right place.
How to download the Fitbit app for Android
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Tap the search bar at the top and search for Fitbit.
- Tap the result that says Fitbit and it has the Fitbit logo next to it (the second result in this case).
- Tap the green Install button.
How to set up your Fitbit account on Android
- Open the Fitbit app.
- Tap Sign up for Fitbit to create a new account.
- Select the Fitbit device you have from the list (for this example, we’re using Charge 3).
- Tap Set up Fitbit Charge 3 (the tracker name may be different depending on what you’re setting up).
- Enter your email and create a new password.
- Tap the Next button.
- Fill in your personal details.
- Tap Create an account after entering all your information.
How to pair Fitbit with the Fitbit app
- Scroll down the menu and tap Agree when it turns pink/red.
- Connect Charge 3 to the charger, then tap Next on your phone for instructions.
- Type the numbers displayed on the Charge 3 screen on your phone.
- Tap Install Update now on your phone.
- Wait for the update to download and install.
- Tap Continue when done.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and tap Next on each page to continue.
- Tap Done after all this.
- Tap OK to accept the connectivity features.
At this point, you’ve officially downloaded the Fitbit app, created an account, and paired the tracker with your phone. Congratulations! You’re ready for your next workout – you’ve earned it!