If you are thinking about how you can set your SD card as default storage on your Infinix device, this tutorial will definitely help. First things first, ensure you are using a device that runs at least Android “Marshmallow” (6.0) or newer, or you should be able to upgrade it. Secondly, you must make sure you own a smartphone that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change, as that happens sometimes.
Be aware that if any of the above cannot be achieved on your device, then this might not work for you. It could be that you own a smartphone that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer. See How To Set SD Card As Default Storage On Infinx Phones:
You Might Also Want To Read: Best Ways To Set MP3 Song As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2
How To Turn The “External” SD Card Into “Internal” Storage On Infinix Phones?
Make sure you use a blank SD card. It has to be blank because when the card is converted to “Internal” storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the card’s data only readable by that phone).
- Head to device “Settings,” then choose “Storage.”
- Choose your “SD Card,” then tap the “three-dot menu” (top-right). You can then choose “Settings” from there.
- Now choose “Format as internal” and then “Erase & Format.”
- Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
- Reboot your smartphone.
NOTE: If you don’t reboot the mobile device, several things might not work correctly, therefore make sure you do. If those instructions are too complicated for you, here is another way to go about it:
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Upgrade Infinix Hot 2 (Android One) To Android 6.0 Marshmallow
How To Set SD Card As Default Storage On Infinx Phones?
- Head to “Settings,” and then choose “Storage & USB.”
- Way down on the list, you will see the SD card’s details, including the option to format it and make it “Internal” storage. Choose Format as an internal storage option.
- As soon as this is done, reboot the phone and you can start using the card.
If you set up the card as “Internal” storage, then the data on it would be readable by any other phone. To check the data, your phone would need to be connected to a computer, and then copy it over to the PC from the phone/card. Also, be certain that you do not reset, (hard or factory) the mobile device. If you do, then all the data on the card will no longer be readable, even by the smartphone itself.
That is that.