Moneygram is a fast and trustworthy way to transfer money to your friends and family. With this platform, you can send cash outside Nigeria and also receive money or payment from other nations. However, you will be unable to take advantage of all the platform has to offer if you can’t make a successful cash transfer with MoneyGram.
Not to worry, though, because this tutorial is here to teach you to do just that with instructions that are very simple to adhere to and understand. We’ll also break down the list of Nigerian banks the MoneyGram platform works with, so you’ll know the financial institutions that are supported. See How To Send, Transfer And Receive Money With Moneygram
Moneygram Nigeria – Supporting Banks:
Only 10 Nigerian banks are available on the Moneygram platform. Meaning, you’ll only be able to send or receive cash through Moneygram services at these banks, no more, no less:
- Access Bank/Diamond Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- First Bank
- GT bank (Account Deposit Service)
- Keystone Bank
- Polaris Bank
- Union Bank.
Send Money With MoneyGram:
- Head to the closest bank that provides Moneygram services.
- Go with a valid form of ID where applicable, the full name and location of the individual you wish to send money to (ensure the names match the ones on their ID,) and the cash you want to send with a transfer fee.
- Fill in the needed details in a form that will be given to you at the location. Take the form back to the agent with the cash you wish to send plus the transfer fee.
- Once the transaction is done, you’ll be given a receipt, ensure it is kept in a safe place. After that, tell your recipient the eight-digit reference number that the agent will give you; this number will then be presented for the recipient to collect the cash at his or her location.
Asides the sending cash with the method above, it is also possible to transfer it straight to the recipient’s bank account. If this option appeals to you more, you’ll have to provide you’ll recipient’s bank name and account number.
You Might Also Want To Read: Share Data On MTN- How to Transfer MTN MB with Friends
Transfer Money With Moneygram Nigeria:
Adhere to these instructions to transfer cash to a bank account:
- Locate a bank or agent that provides MoneyGram services.
- You’ll need a valid form of ID where applicable, the full name and location of the individual you wish to send money to (ensure the names match the ones on their ID,) and the cash you want to send with a transfer fee. You’ll also need the recipient’s bank’s name and account number.
- You’ll be given a form to fill. The following details will be needed- Your first name and surname, a valid ID, your home address, street and city/town, the amount you are sending, the receiver’s address (city and country,) source of funds, the reason for the transfer, the receiver’s name (which should match the receiver’s means of identification.)
- After filling the form, take it back to the agent. After that, give the cash you want to send plus the transfer fee to the agent.
- Call the receiver and inform your recipient of the eight-digit reference number.
As soon as the transaction is done, the cash will be sent to your recipient’s bank account. If you are on the receiving end, keep reading.
Receive Money With Moneygram Nigeria:
If you want to collect cash in person with MoneyGram, adhere to these instructions:
- Select an agent’s location and head there with your valid ID.
- The agent will give you a “Receive” form to fill; just prepare these details- A reference number that your sender provided, your first name and surname, the amount of cash you’ll be collecting, your address, the first name and surname of the sender, the reason for the transaction.
- Take the completed form, alongside a valid photo I.D, back to the agent, and your cash will be given to you in no time.
There you go; if you ever want to send, transfer or receive money with the MoneyGram platform, you now know what to do and how to go about it.