ViPER4Android or V4A is one of the most important audio modes for Android devices. In this guide, it will guide you on how to install ViPER4Android v18.104.22.168 on Android devices with Android Pie, Oreo, Nougat, and Marshmallow.
The Android ecosystem is known for many things like the camera, but it is less recognized when it comes to the audio experience. Although some devices come with powerful, tuned audio, such as the Galaxy S9 / S9 + or Huawei P20 which uses
But if you have a rooted Android device, via Magisk or SuperSU, you have a good chance of improving your phone’s audio via ViPER4Android. But before we get to the instructions to install ViPER4Android on your Android device, let’s take some time to learn more about the new version 22.214.171.124 of ViPER4Android, the features it offers, and the changelog.
ViPER4Android v126.96.36.199 for Android – Changes and new features
Surely, ViPER4Android is not something new. If you’ve been into the modding scene, chances are you’ve heard of it at least once.
In short: ViPER4Android is audio enhancement software to provide a better audio experience on Android devices. It was founded by ViPER520 and first appeared on the popular XDA-Developers forums by zhuhang in 2013 and it didn’t take long to get a huge user base. Not only the speakers, but V4A also allows you to change the audio processed via earphones, Bluetooth, or USB.
For years, the development of the app has been constant, adding support for the latest versions of Android as they are released. However, the development of V4A has been stopped since 2018 with the official version v188.8.131.52 supporting Android Nougat.
Over time, several community members including Zackptg5 and ahrion (original XDA thread) have taken the liberty of further development and released a Magisk module to help users install ViPER4Android on their device.
Around the same time, XDA members pittvandewitt and MrWhite214 (original XDA thread) took the latest open source version of the V4A audio mod (v184.108.40.206) and added all the new features from v2.5.0 to it..5.
The updated v220.127.116.11 also includes a brand new Material UI that not only looks clean but also integrates with the latest Android versions. The developers have also rewritten the full app in Kotlin, which has helped eliminate most of the bugs and fix driver installation issues on the latest Android versions. The latest version also adds support for Magisk 19.0 and later.
Before installing ViPER4Android v18.104.22.168 on Android Pie, Oreo, Nougat, and Marshmallow, take a look at the full changelog below.
- Support Magisk 19 and later
- Add the compatibility setting
- Adds the ability to connect to sessions
- Fixed a bug when loading presets
- Switch from setools to magiskpolicy
Click here to view the release notes.
- Complete rewrite in Kotlin
- New user interface
- The presets can be managed in the app itself
- Effects can be set more precisely with seekbars
- API min 23
- It only uses the 22.214.171.124 driver
- Fixed audio routing bug
- Fixed driver status bug
- Fixed bug of modification of the cross-device effect
- The app follows the light / dark mode of the system (can be turned on or off with Google messages, for example)
- Installation is faster and more versatile
- Notification settings
- APK size reduced significantly
Download ViPER4Android v126.96.36.199
Unlike before, you don’t need to download a flashable zip or Magisk module to install ViPER4Android. Rather, all you need to do is take the V4A APK file and install it like any other Android app on your device. Once the app is installed, you can run it to configure the drivers and start using ViPER4Android to improve the sound of your phone.
The app will work on any Android device running Marshmallow 6.0 or later. This means it also supports Android Pie, Oreo, and Nougat. If your device is running Android 10 Q, follow this guide instead.
» ViPER4Android v188.8.131.52 APK: XDA Labs (you need to register on XDA-Developers to download the APK file)
There is no doubt that a lot of work has gone into this, and the contribution that each member of the wonderful XDA community has made is vitally important. Make sure you visit the XDA threads linked above and hit the “Thank You” button. You can also consider giving the developers a token of appreciation.
How to install ViPER4Android v2.7 on Android?
The only requirement for installing ViPER4Android on your Android device is that it must be rooted using Magisk or SuperSU. Once rooted, follow the steps below for the installation instructions below:
- Download ViPER4Android v184.108.40.206 APK
- Transfer the APK file to the phone memory
- Go to the app drawer and launch a file manager app
- Navigate to the memory and tap on the V4A APK file
- Tap the “Install” button to install ViPER4Android v220.127.116.11 on your Android device
- Once the app is installed, tap “Done”
- Now go to the app drawer and start the “ViPER4Android FX” app
- As soon as the app is launched, you will be asked to grant superuser permissions
- Tap the “Grant” button
- Once root permissions are granted, you will be prompted to install the drivers
- Just tap “Ok” to install the necessary drivers
- Once the drivers are installed, your Android device will automatically restart
When your phone restarts, launch ViPER4Android FX and tap the driver icon at the top right of the screen. This should display the current status of the driver. If it shows “Normal”, the installation was successful. In case the driver installation fails (very unlikely), visit the FAQ section of the original XDA thread.
At the bottom of the app screen, you should see four tabs for different audio modes: headset, speaker, Bluetooth, and USB. You can enable ViPER4Android audio processing and set different settings for the individual modes. So go ahead and give your phone audio a nice boost and a chance to impress your ears.
So, this was our guide on how to install ViPER4Android v18.104.22.168 on Android devices with Pie, Oreo, Nougat, and Marshmallow. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment.