WhatsApp is the best cross-platform messaging tool. It’s free and you can send texts, images, videos, GIFs to anyone. It is used for both personal and professional communication. Also, you can easily make audio and video calls.
Unfortunately, the WhatsApp application is not available on the Amazon Firestick app store. Follow the steps below to install and use WhatsApp on Firestick using alternative methods.
- You can send text, images, video, make audio and video calls for free.
- You can also chat in a group with your friends. You can add up to 256 members in a group.
- Dark mode was recently introduced.
- To use Whatsapp, you don’t need to use any username or password. Your phone number is sufficient.
Ways to install WhatsApp in Firestick
Although WhatsApp is not available on the Amazon App Store, you can install the app using third-party installers. There are two ways to install WhatsApp on Firestick.
How to install Whatsapp on Fire Stick
To prepare your Firestick, you need to activate the install apps from unknown sources feature.
- On the Firestick main screen, go to the Configurations option
- Click on My Fire TV or devices
- In My Fire TV, select Developer Options
- From the Developer options menu, select the Applications from unknown sources option to activate it
- When the confirmation pop-up window appears, click the Activate button.
- Open the Downloader application and click Allow if a popup appears
- Go to the search bar and type the WhatsApp download link here. Click the Go button.
- The download of the apk file will start. Once downloaded, click the Install on PC button to install the apk file
- Once the apk is installed, click the Open button to run the application
How to install WhatsApp in Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is also one of the best sources for installing applications on Firestick. Install ES File Explorer for Firestick using the link if you don’t have the app.
- Start the ES File Explorer application in your Firestick
- Click the Downloader icon on the app screen (in the second row)
- Now click the + New button at the bottom of the screen
- In the path text bar, enter the download link here. In the Name text bar, type WhatsApp and click the Download Now button
- Click the Open Document button followed by the Install on PC button
- Click the Install on PC button again to install the app
- When the app is installed, click the Open button to start the application
How to make video calls with WhatsApp Firestick
If your Firestick-connected TV has a built-in front camera, you can make video calls with your friends. Follow the steps below to make video calls with WhatsApp on Firestick.
- Open the WhatsApp app on Firestick and complete all the configuration procedures
- Four options will appear at the top of the screen. Camera, chat, status, and calls. Choose the Call option
- Now click the Call icon at the bottom of the screen
- All your WhatsApp contacts will be displayed. Click the Video Call icon that corresponds to your friend
- When your friend answers your call, you can talk to your friend. If you want to add someone else, click the Contacts icon in the top right
- When you are finished speaking, click the End button to stop the video call.
Now make video and audio calls on your Firestick using WhatsApp without spending any money. Rest your eyes always looking at the small screen of your smartphone and use WhatsApp on your Firestick. If you have any questions, share them with us in the comments below.