One of the issues we usually face when we change our phones to a new one is duplicate contacts. This issue happens when you insert your SIM card containing your contacts into your new device. Well, in this guide, we will teach you how to easily get rid of duplicate contacts on your LG G7. Doing this will only take you a few seconds and you do not need any third-party apps at all. Read on to learn how to get rid of duplicate contacts on your LG G7.
Duplicate contacts appear on your LG G7 when you connect numerous email accounts on your device. This causes contacts from your different emails to be saved on your LG G7 and as a result, you will get duplicate contacts. It will surely take you a lot of time if you want to delete these contacts manually. Instead, you can simply merge them to save you time.
DONT MISS: How to Change Device Name on LG G7
How to Get Rid of Duplicate Contacts on LG G7
It is such a relief to find out that you can easily merge all duplicate contacts on your LG G7 without having to use any third-party app or a PC. In some cases where your contacts are all messed up, we would recommend that you go to your email and edit your contact list from there. Follow the steps below to get rid of duplicate contacts on your LG G7.
- First off, launch the Contacts app on your LG G7.
- Next up, scroll down your contacts list to find the contacts you want to merge or link.
- Next, tap on the first contacts you want to merge.
- Now, look for “Connect via.” When you see it, tap on the link icon to the right.
- Now, tap on Link another Contact.
- Select the contacts you want to merge and then tap on the back button.
How to Clean Up LG G7 Contacts Faster
The Contacts app on your LG G7 has a built-in feature that you can use to clean up your contacts list. Follow the steps below to clean up your contacts list on your LG G7.
- Launch the Contacts app.
- Next, tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Link Contacts.
- Now, you should see a contacts list pop up on the screen. You can edit this list by name, number or email address in order to find duplicates.
- Once you have found duplicate contacts, you can proceed to choose the ones you want to merge and then tap on Done.
That is all!