If you are looking for a way to uninstall WinZip on Mac properly and completely without leaving any iota of trace on your system, this is the tutorial for you. We’ll not just break down how you can make this happen manually, we will also explain how to do it automatically, and the processes involved are not confusing in any way. Let’s expatiate by showing you How To Fully Uninstall WinZip On Mac – Simple Removal Guide:
What Is WinZip?
This is simply a utility working with archive files. The application has gotten so popular because it was the very first archiver with a graphical UI. In fact, nowadays, WinZip offers a huge number of additional features for optimizing Mac. However, a lot of users prefer other well-known apps like WinRAR or the macOS built-in archiving utility, because they are simpler to work with.
If you are also willing to cut ties with WinZip, or you are one of those who know that keeping unused apps on your Mac is absolutely useless when there is already a lack of free disk space, we can help with its uninstallation.
How Can I Uninstall WinZip From My Mac Manually?
It is vital to always quit apps before starting the removal process on Mac if you want a safe uninstallation. Just adhere to the instructions below:
- Quit WinZip. This can be done right from the Dock panel. Simply right-click on the WinZip icon and select “Quit.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How to start a Mac in safe mode and when to use it
- If the Winzip icon is visible in your toolbar, quit it from there.
- Access the Applications folder in Finder and get rid of WinZip from there. Drag and drop the application’s icon into the Trash or use the context menu for this.
- It is now time to locate and remove the leftovers of WinZip on your Mac. Be aware that just moving the application into Trash is not enough to uninstall the application completely. The applications actually leave their service files in hidden system folders, so you have to clean up these traces.
- To do that, open the “Library” folder. Simply head to the Finder’s menu, tap “Go” and select the “Go To” folder. Or press “Shift+Command+G” shortcut.
- In the visible search field, type ~/Library and tap “Go.”
- In the Library folder, locate all the files linked with WinZip and remove them. They have the “WinZip” word in their names. Check the following subfolders for them:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
- After the removal of all WinZip files, remember to empty the Trash/Bin.
How Can I Remove Winzip Using App Cleaner & Uninstaller?
It is always wise to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to uninstall any program on Mac. Be aware that it gets rid of applications totally with all their service files. Also, you’ll be able to uninstall any app with a few clicks.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Choose WinZip in the list of applications.
- Tap “Remove.”
- Confirm WinZip uninstallation.
You Might Also Want To Read: Can’t update your Mac? Here are 10 solutions
It doesn’t matter if you have already removed WinZip manually, you can check your Mac for its leftovers. To do this, switch to the Remaining Files section from the sidebar and you will have access to the list of all service files of already deleted apps.
That is that.