The Vizio brand is relatively new in the TV industry, and it has captured the market massively with its amazing services. However, not every brand is perfect, and several users keep complaining about the Vizio TV black screen of death.
If you’re experiencing the same right now, and you are desperately searching for a solution, this is the tutorial for you. Not to worry, this is as straightforward as possible, and we’ll break down the process involved below. See How To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death:
How Can I Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death?
1. Perform A Sound Test:
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Access The Internet On Your Vizio Smart TV
- Power ON your Vizio TV.
- Ensure you turn up the volume.
- Test your TV sound by viewing something, and you will know if it is fine or making noise.
If the sound is fine, this means that the sound component is working fine.
2. Check The Power And Connections:
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Fix Vizio TV That Won’t Turn On.
At times, we tend to overlook the basics, and this could lead to problems. Check for any loose connections, ensure the power cable is correctly plugged into the socket, and then perform a hard reset of your Vizio television by adhering to these instructions:
- Power off your Vizio TV and unplug it.
- Press and hold your TV’s power button for at least 30 seconds.
- Release the button and plug the TV power cable back in.
- If you’re trying to test the picture from a device like a cable box, find another device. If this fails, try accessing the TV’s settings menu.
3. Do The Flashlight Test:
If you see no image on your Vizio TV, the light-producing component on the television might be the reason for this. To confirm the problem, perform a flashlight test by adhering to these instructions below:
- Grab a flashlight and ensure it has power.
- Place yourself two inches away from the TV screen and turn the light on it.
- If you can see the image on the television, this means that the inverter board in the TV has failed.
4. Replace The Power Board:
- Place the TV face down on a table.
- With the screwdriver, take out all of the rear screws.
- Locate all the fuses on your Vizio TV. The majority have 5.
- If any fuse has been blown, replace it with a new one. At times, the blown a fuse could be the problem, rather than the power board.
- Take out all the wires that are connected to the power board.
- Take out all the screws holding the power board and take the old board out.
- Place the new power board in place, and screw it gently.
- Connect all the cables and wires to the new board.
- Replace and secure the TV’s rear cover.
- Plugin your Vizio TV to check if the fix worked.
5. Replace Other Components:
If the inverter board or any other vital part of the TV is faulty, they can be replaced the same way you’ll replace the power board. Just hire a TV repairer to get this done, and if your Vizio TV is under warranty, contact Vizio Technical Support for help.
That is that.