Roblox is an awesome game that has other games in it. These games are custom designed for different users and also allow you to build your own virtual worlds. The characters look a lot like Lego blocks and allow users to program games and code them.
However, many users have complained that Roblox keeps shutting down on their computers. This guide tells you some steps on how to prevent Roblox from crashing on Windows 10 PC.
Steps on how to fix Roblox keeps crashing
Before moving on to the troubleshooting steps, let us understand why Roblox freezes? You still haven’t figured out the specific reason why Roblox keeps crashing on your OS. However, outdated drivers, antivirus and other unknown factors could be to blame. Let’s begin our journey on how to get Roblox to stop crashing on your computer.
Method 1- quit all unwanted applications
You may not believe it, but when you hit the X symbol in the top right corner of an application to close it, the application doesn’t close completely and continues to run in the background. Running applications in the background consumes RAM other system resources even when you are not using the app. To completely close an app, you can follow these steps:
- Right-click on the taskbar (anywhere without icons) and from the context menu that opens, choose Task Manager.
- In the new window that opens, in the Processes tab, you will see all the apps still running. Right-click the app you want to close and select End Task.
- Close all the apps you know might still be working in the background and burdening the system, one by one, and leave the apps unknown. Also, don’t close the background processes visible in the Apps section.
Once all apps are closed, this method provides some relief to system resources. Try starting Roblox and check if the problem persists.
Method 2- disable your antivirus
Most of the antivirus programs have started identifying not only to security threats but also of potential malicious software, which can cause blockage of some app perfectly safe to use.
This extra precautionary measure is also known as False Positive and can be one of the reasons why Roblox gets stuck. The only possible solution is to first disable the antivirus for a limited time, start Roblox and check if it still crashes and then add an exception in your antivirus if all is well. To disable the antivirus, follow these steps:
Note- I used AVG antivirus for demonstration purposes only. However, the necessary steps of all antivirus programs would be the same with a small difference in the location of the interface options.
- Right-click the Antivirus icon located in the system tray.
- Click the Shut Down option and choose a time if the option is shown.
- Launch Roblox and check if it still crashes. Don’t forget to re-enable the antivirus after checking the game is working.
- If you can play Roblox without any problems, simply add an exception of the Roblox executable file in the Exceptions option of the antivirus.
Method 3- update the video card drivers
The graphics drivers help to make the actual game images that were designed by the game developers. But this is only possible if the recommended graphics card and appropriate drivers are installed on your computer.
If you have the recommended hardware, you also need to have updated drivers. To update the drivers on your computer just read below.
Each graphics card manufacturer operates an official website where users can find updated drivers and other hardware related resources. These websites are malware-free and always contain relevant and up-to-date resources. Although the drivers are not the same but it depends on the video card installed on your PC, the basic idea for installation can be understood through these steps:
1. Go to the graphics card manufacturer’s support website. I’ve provided links of the most common graphics card manufacturers below:
2. Use the search bar to enter the product name and model number, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Choose your graphics card from the displayed results and locate the driver section, among the other resources displayed.
4. Click the download button and wait for the download to complete.
5. Once the download is complete, run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver on your system.
Restart your computer and check if the Roblox continues to freeze or if the problem is resolved.
Roblox still crashes?
Roblox is a great application for those interested in developing their own games and playing them. It also helps you to play small games developed by your friends and colleagues. But all of this is only possible if the application works fine on your system.
As Roblox continues to cause crash and sudden crash problems, the above methods can be of great help as they have been borrowed from the various forums in the game. Let us know if you have any other suggestions on what to do when Roblox crashes.