It doesn’t matter if it is for a friend in another country, or a potential boss scheduling an interview, you’ll need to ensure users can easily find you on Skype with your unique display name. And if you’re not aware, you are allowed to change your display name through Skype’s desktop app or the mobile app for iPhone and Android.
And if you must know, both the desktop and mobile application will need you to access your settings to make the change. You should also be aware that your display name is different from your username, and even if it was formerly possible to create a custom username, these days, usernames are randomly assigned codes, which makes your display name the main way users find you. If you ever have any need to alter it, see How To Change Skype Live ID (Skype Display Name) 2021:
How Can I Change My Skype Display Name On Desktop?
- Launch the Skype application on your PC.
- Tap the three dots close to your name in the upper-left corner.
- Tap “Settings.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Turn Off Skype Read Receipts For Mobile And Desktop
- Under “Manage,” tap “Your Profile.”
- This will open a fresh tab in your default web browser, where you might have to log in again. Tap “Edit Profile” in the upper-right corner of this page.
- In the “Name” box, type in your new display name, and tap “Save.” when you are done. You might also be prompted to add a country or region at this time.
How Can I Change My Skype Display Name On My Smartphone?
- Launch the Skype application on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Click your profile photo way up on the screen. If you don’t have a profile picture for your account, it’ll be your initials in a gray circle.
- This will reveal a pop-up. Under “Manage,” click “Skype Profile.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Record Skype Calls on Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android
- Click the pencil close to your current display name. Type in your fresh display name, and click the checkmark when you’re done.
Another Way To Change Your Skype Display Name?
- Once more, click your profile photo. Under “Manage,” tap “Settings.”
- Under “Settings,” click “Account & Profile.” This will open a new page where your name can be edited.
You can even add “About Me,” and include your birthday, your location e.t.c.
That is that.