Do you want to cancel your Apple TV Plus subscription? Maybe you want to cut down on your monthly streaming expenses. If this is you, then you have come to the right place. Canceling your Apple TV Plus subscription is very easy and does not involve having to contact a customer service representative on the phone or via online chat. All you need to cancel your subscription is a few taps or clicks on your device.
Two years on from the launch of Apple TV Plus, the service has become one of the most prestigious and distinguished streaming services and this is thanks to the award-winning shows the service has released including Ted Lasso and The Morning Show. You can get Apple TV Plus on a seven-day free trial after which you will have to pay a relatively $4.99 monthly fee to continue using the service.
However, you may have subscribed to Apple TV Plus just to watch a certain show, and now that you are done watching it, want to cancel your Apple TV Plus. Or you probably aren’t impressed with the shows you have seen so far on the streamer’s library, which is almost entirely filled with Apple Originals. Of course, these originals are high quality but the collection is quite little compared to what is on offer on Netflix or Disney Plus.
Whichever reason you may have for wanting to cancel your subscription, you can easily get this done in no time. In this guide, we will show you how you can get this done in a few and easy steps.
How to Cancel Apple TV Plus via a Browser
- First off, open up your browser and go to “tv.apple.com”.
- Once you get to the page, click Sign In in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the page that comes up next, you will be required to log in using your Apple ID. Enter your Apple ID and password to proceed.
- Now, click on the person icon in the top right corner of the window and then select the Settings option.
- On the next page, scroll down till you get to the “Subscriptions” section.
- Next, select the “Manage” option under the “Apple TV Plus” section.
- Now select the “Cancel Subscription” option. Confirm your selection on the page that comes up next.
And that’s pretty much it. With these few steps, you can cancel your Apple TV Plus subscription via a browser in no time.
How to cancel Apple TV Plus via iPhone
- First off go to the Apple TV app on your iOS device.
- Next up, tap on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to your account page.
- Now, tap on the “Manage Subscriptions” option.
- On the screen that comes up next, tap on “Apple TV Plus.”
- Now, tap on the “Cancel Subscription” option. Confirm your selection on the screen that comes up next.
Now, you have canceled your Apple TV Plus subscription via your iPhone. You can also reverse your changes via the app.
How to cancel Apple TV Plus on Apple TV
- First off, go to the settings page on your Apple TV. You can do this by selecting the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Once in the Settings app, select the “Users and Accounts” option.
- Next up, select your user name.
- On the next screen, scroll down until you get to the “Subscriptions” option. Select it.
- Select the “Apple TV Plus – Channel” option.
- Next, scroll down till you see the “Cancel Subscription” button and then select it.
- Confirm your choice.
Once you have done this, your Apple TV Plus subscription will be canceled on your Apple TV.
How to Reverse Apple TV Plus cancellation
If after you have canceled your subscription you change your mind and decide to reverse your action, you can easily do this at any time. All you need to do is go to tv.apple.com via browser or open up the Apple TV app on your iPhone or go to your Apple TV. From there, you can go to the Apple TV Plus section and subscribe.
If you have any questions or got stuck while following any of the steps we have listed, make sure to let us know via the comments below.