Are you aware that you can seamlessly cancel a friend request on Facebook? I’m writing about that friend request you have already sent out. Well, the good news is that any Facebook request can be canceled before the account owner accepts or rejects it.
Even if Facebook is a well-known social media platform for connecting with people out there, there will surely be times when you will send out friend requests mistakenly, and then have change of heart before deciding to take the request back.
Luckily for you, it is very possible to quickly cancel friend requests before individuals accept or reject them. And it can happen on your PC or smartphone. See How To Cancel A Friend Request On Facebook With Your PC Or Smartphone:
How To Cancel A Friend Request On Facebook Using A Computer?
- Get yourself logged into your Facebook account on a browser on a Mac or Personal Computer. Find and tap the icon that resembles 2 individuals in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Find “See All” way down on the drop-down menu that reveals your friend requests (if there are any) plus recommendations for people to friend on Facebook.
- Tap “View Sent Requests” way up on the new page that will be visible.
- On the next page, a list of all the friend requests you have sent will be visible. Select the specific friend request you want to cancel by moving your cursor over the “Friend Request Sent.” tab. Choose “Cancel Request” from the dropdown menu to rescind your friend request to the owner of the account.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Make A Post Shareable On Facebook
How To Cancel A Friend Request On Facebook Using A Mobile Phone?
Even if you can only cancel friend requests but heading into every individual’s Facebook page on the mobile application, it is also possible to get yourself logged into the Facebook site on a browser on your smartphone to cancel friend requests the same way you do on a desktop. To make it happen, just:
- Log in to Facebook.com on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap the icon that looks like a silhouette of two individuals.
- As soon as your friend requests are shown, tap the down arrow located to the right side of the Friend Request tab then tap “View Sent Requests.” Users can switch between sent and received requests by tapping the down arrow.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Know When Someone Was Last Active On Facebook
- Search through the friend request(s) you sent out and tap “Cancel.”
That is that.