Watching your TV, particularly after a hard day of work, is a favorite hobby of most people. Not only does it help you relax, but it can also be a great bonding time for you and your family. The DSTV Family plan offers a wide range of channels you can choose from. This specific bouquet, as its name suggests, is curated to have everything that a happy family needs. From mum, dad, to the children, there is something for everyone on the DSTV Family channels list.
Today we will be taking a look at the DSTV Family Channel list and this time, we are focusing on South African Viewers. So what channels are on DStv Family for subscribers in South Africa? Here is the complete list of channels on the DSTV Family Package.
Before you can enjoy all the incredible DSTV Family channels offered on the DSTV Family package, you have to pay for the subscription. If you already have the satellite dish and decoder, you will only have to pay the subscription fee. The DStv Family Package goes for 279 Rand per month in South Africa and contains 80 channels. Notwithstanding, if you are a new user, the process will cost even lesser.
Here is the complete list of channels on the DSTV Family Package. DSTV family channels 2020 are now obsolete. Here is the complete DSTV family channels list 2021.
DStv Family Channels List 2021
|108||M-Net Movies 4|
|135||Discovery TLC Entertainment|
|139||M-Net Movies Zone|
|145||kykNET & Kie|
|152||Africa Magic Epic|
|176||The Home Channel|
|182||Nat Geo Wild|
|204||SS La Liga|
|209||SS Variety 4|
|263||Cape Town TV|
|400||BBC World News|
|403||eNews Channel Africa|
|412||Business Day TV|
Related: How To Repair Your DStv Remote
The table below is just a summary of what you get when you sign up for this package. See the tabulated list above for a more detailed list of channels, with names and numbers in their respective categories.
|Category||Number of Channels|
|Entertainment and Movies||26|
|News and Commerce||11|
|Kids and Teens||7|
|Documentary and Lifestyle||7|
|Specialist and Foreign||1|
|Total||80 (Plus 99 audio channels)|
Apart from the DSTV Family package, the subscription service has other packages as well. These packages/bouquets are divided according to the price point. The higher the price point, the more channels are available to the subscriber.
Here are the packages arranged from the cheapest to the most expensive
- Access – This can be described as the introductory package. It is the smallest and cheapest of the packages. The Access package offers over 172 TV and audio channels. The package has some of the best in local TV series, movies, telenovelas, and a great selection of news, music, and kids’ channels.
- Family – With just as little as 6$ per month, you are guaranteed a perfect family experience. The Family package channels are over 196 in number (audio and TV).
- Compact – This subscription package has over 239 TV and audio channels which include a range of lifestyle, news, music, series, kids’, religion, and interactive channels. It also comes with coveted channels like M-Net Action, M-Net Series, and Animal Planet.
- Compact Plus – Compact Plus has over 246 TV and audio channels. The major difference between the Compact and Compact Plus packages is that Compact Plus is curated for sports lovers. The extra channels on this subscription are for SuperSport which includes European soccer.
- Premium – With over 302 TV and audio channels, DStv Premium is the ultimate package. Any premium subscriber will have live sports coverage, the latest news, top documentaries, non-stop movies, series, kids’ programming, and many more viewing options.
DStv also offers specially designed bouquets for non-English speakers. These add-on packages are added to the already existing packages at a minimal subscription fee per month. They are
- French Touch – It has 7 TV channels.
- Indian – It has over 73 channels. This subscription can be purchased as an add-on to DStv Premium and as a standalone.
How to pay for DSTV family package
It is quite important that you pay for your DStv package on time. This makes sure that your subscription is not cut off and it also allows you to stay in touch with the world through your TV screen.
The available payment options are via:
- MyDStv App – Available on Google Play Store and the App Store for iOS devices.
- Internet banking
- USSD -Through the eTranzact BankIT solution, you can pay for your subscription directly from your bank account, online and on mobile.
- Banking services – You can pay in several Nigerian banks such as Fidelity Bank, Zenith Bank, FCMB Bank, Sterling Bank, Enterprise Bank, and First Bank, among many others.
- Via the official DStv Africa Nigeria website. Click on ‘Pay’ and select ‘Pay Now’
As seen, the DStv Family channels are not only many but they also have something for everyone. From toddlers to teens and adults, everyone can happily enjoy the DStv Family package.
If you are confused about anything please let us know in the comments session below. Join our new Facebook page for instant updates and interactions.