Call 10 people to choose their best media player applications for their computer, and at least 8 will go for VLC Media Player. The fact is that the VLC media player is the most loved and most used media player app for Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux, and compared to its rivals, it definitely provides more features for its users.
The tool supports almost all the popular video/audio formats and it is not just known for playing media files. If you are not aware, users can actually boost the functionality of their VLC application by installing extensions available on the VideoLAN website. In fact, VLC skins can also be installed to change the appearance of your media player anytime you want and no other additional app installation would be needed. See How To Change VLC Media Player Skin In Windows 7/8/10:
Change VLC Media Player Skin In Windows 7/8/10:
- Before anything else, head to this page to see the best VLC skins or the VideoLan site and download the skin you fancy. The website is blessed with several skins & themes and they can all be downloaded.
- Launch the VLC media player on your PC.
- After that, tap “Tools” and tap “Preferences.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Record PC Screen With VLC Media Player
- Under “Preferences,” tap “Interface.”
- Under “Interface,” choose “Use Custom Skin.”
- After that, under the Skin resource file, tap “Choose,” and select the Skin you downloaded from the VideoLAN site.
- As soon as that is done, tap “Save.”
- Once that is done, restart the VLC media player app on your PC.
- The new interface of the VLC media player will now be visible.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Delete My Viewing History In VLC
Does VLC Have A Dark Mode?
Yes, it does, and it is available for Android and iOS. If you own a desktop VLC app in Windows 10, a dark VLC Skin can be used as well.
Enable Dark Mode Skin In VLC:
Enable VLC Dark Theme:
The VLC dark theme can be activated on your Android and iOS device by heading to “Settings,” then “Interface,” then “Extra Settings.” Select “Day Night Mode,” and choose “Black Theme.” Be aware that that the VLC desktop app doesn’t come with built-in dark theme support.
I hope the instructions above have helped you to change your default VLC skin successfully, you’re welcome.