The Web platform of WhatsApp allows you to use WhatsApp from your computer, with the convenience of being able to participate in conversations without having to pick up the phone every now and then. This platform, available on the web.whatsapp.com page, works with all the operating systems on which WhatsApp is available: Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry are just an example.
As for the computer, WhatsApp for PC is compatible with all operating systems, browsers and works with Chrome, Firefox and Safari, and Microsoft Edge. This time we talk about the features you may not know about this platform.
Did you know that you can send voice messages from your computer? Have you noticed that you can share photos from your computer? And have you discovered that you can receive notifications on the desktop every time someone writes you on WhatsApp?
All these curiosities, and others, we tell you in this collection of 5 things that (perhaps) you didn’t know about WhatsApp Web, let’s discover them together.
Personalize desktop alerts
We assume that the desktop alerts option of the web version of WhatsApp are no secret. But probably what many users don’t know is that desktop notifications can be customized to suit the user.
Instead of receiving notifications in the browser as they are configured by default (i.e. with an audible warning and a preview of the message received), from the WhatsApp web page for PC, there is the possibility of manually deactivating some of the Notification functions Among the functions that can be customized are the sounds, the alerts on the desktop, the ‘ preview and mode ” Do not disturb.”
To access these options, the procedure is as follows:
- Let’s go to the web.whatsapp.com page and start the session.
- Once the chat is open, we click on the icon of the three points that we will find in the upper right part of the rectangle containing the conversations.
- In the menu that appears, click on the ” Notifications ” option.
- Now, what we will see on the screen is a floating window with all the customizable options related to desktop notifications. We can enable or disable any of these options, as well as, in the case of the selectable menu of ” Disable warnings and sounds for… “, we can select the time during which we do not want to be interrupted with notifications.
Change your profile via Whatsapp Web
Your web version of WhatsApp has a section in which you can customize the profile of WhatsApp, being able to change not only the status itself but also the profile photo.
This trick is especially useful if you want to use a photo that has been stored on your computer in the profile. Using WhatsApp Web it is not necessary to complicate the transfer of the image to the computer since simply by using the web version of this application you can make the change.
The procedure to follow tomodify the profile in WhatsApp Web is the following:
- First, we enter the page web.whatsapp.com and carry l ‘ access.
- Once inside, click on the three dots icon that we will see in the upper right corner of the chat window.
- In the floating menu that will be displayed when you click on this icon, we select the ” Profile and status ” option.
- Now we can change both the profile picture and the status. Your changes are automatically archived, so you don’t need to click any options after making changes to the status.
Send voice notes via Whatsapp Web
This trick can be especially useful for laptop users since these devices – the vast majority – incorporate a series microphone. And, just like on a smartphone, WhatsApp Web allows you to send voice notes from your computer. For this, it is not necessary to install any application since the web version itself integrates this function.
To send a voice note from your computer via WhatsApp, the procedure is as follows:
- First, we enter the web version of WhatsApp and start the session using the procedure indicated on the screen.
- Then, from the left side of the page, we open a conversation with one of our contacts.
- Next, in the conversation window, click on the microphone icon that we will see in the lower right part of the screen.
- If it is the first time that we carry out this procedure, the page will ask us to authorize the use of the microphone in the browser. We have taken this step and now we need to record the voice message we want to send.
- Just as we can send voice messages from the computer, we can also reproduce the messages we receive from our contacts from the speakers (or headphones).
While it is true that Android phones are relatively easy in transferring photos from computers to mobile phones, on an iPhone this same procedure can generate a headache for less experienced users. Therefore, the feature of sharing computer photos via WhatsApp Web deserves to occupy a place on this list.
In the web version of this application, the option to share files offers the possibility to send an image to another person’s mobile phone directly from the computer. The procedure is identical to that of mobile devices and the steps to follow to send an image via Web WhatsApp are very simple:
- First, we enter the WhatsApp Web and follow the usual procedure to access it.
- So, we choose the contact (or group) with which we want to share the image. This image, remember, must be stored on the hard drive of our computer.
- Once you open the conversation with the contact or group in question, click on the clip icon that we will see in the upper right part of the page.
- Now we can click on the photograph icon with a purple background.
- Finally, the only thing left to do is to choose the image in the window that will open after completing the previous step. Once the image has been chosen, click on the “Open” button and proceed with sending the file through the conversation.
… or even take a picture with your computer
But what if what we want to share is a photo taken with the computer itself? In this case, if our computer is equipped with a camera -or if, in its absence, we have an external webcam connected, WhatsApp Web allows us to create a snapshot, then immediately share it with a contact or a group.
The procedure to follow is identical to the steps that must be performed to share an image stored on the computer, with the only difference that in the last step, instead of clicking on the first option, you have to click on the camera icon with one multicolored background. At that moment, once you have authorized access to the camera, the page will allow you to take a photograph to share it directly in a conversation.