WhatsApp is a widely used application that allows users to send messages, multimedia content, videos, and even make calls over the internet. This means that if you connect to your WIFI or mobile data, you can easily make free WhatsApp calls to your WhatsApp contacts.
The application is really great if you want to save on your mobile bills and make free WhatsApp calls. Previously WhatsApp had a normal calling feature that allowed users to call contacts directly from WhatsApp.
However, when WhatsApp introduced the VoIP calling feature, it removed the normal calling feature. You may want to learn how to disable WhatsApp calling. Therefore, in this article, we will show you how to easily disable WhatsApp voice calls.
Table of Headings
How to disable Whatsapp calls?
The main reason for disabling WhatsApp calling is that you may have a lot of contacts on WhatsApp and you may receive a lot of calls. Therefore, you may want to block some of these calls. However, WhatsApp does not provide any functionality to block voice calls.
3 ways to Disable WhatsApp calls
Here are some methods you can use to disable voice calls on WhatsApp:
Method 1: download the old version of WhatsApp
In this method, you can download the old version of WhatsApp as the previous versions did not have a feature of calling WhatsAppVoIP. However, make sure to backup all WhatsApp chats before uninstalling the latest version from your phone.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Chat Settings, and then tap Chat Backup.
- Tap ”BACKUP” to start chat backup.
- After backing up the chats, you can uninstall the current WhatsApp and download the old version of WhatsApp from here.
- Install the old version on your phone and enter your number.
- Make sure you tap ” Restore ” to restore all chats, media, videos on WhatsApp.
- Finally, WhatsApp calls will be disabled.
Method 2: use third-party apps
You can use third-party applications if you want to disable WhatsApp calling. You can use the GBWhatsApp application, which is a modified version of the official WhatsApp that provides hundreds of features you don’t get with official WhatsApp.
You can use GBWhatsApp instead of official WhatsApp when you get features to hide blue checkmarks, change themes and fonts, delete sent messages, and best of all, you can easily disable voice calls on GBwhatsApp.
- The first step is to back up all of WhatsApp chats so you can quickly restore the application GBWhatsApp. To backup, open WhatsApp and go to Settings> Chats> Chat Backup, then tap the Backup button to start backing up all your chats to Google Drive.
- Now download GBWhatsApp. However, if you cannot install the application on your phone, you need to allow installation from Unknown sources on your phone. For this, go to Settings> Security> Unknown sources.
- After installation, complete the registration process and restore the backup to restore all chats, media, and other files.
- Go to the Settings in the GBWhatsApp application by tapping three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen to access the Settings.
- Tap the GB settings. Now choose the ”Other MODS” option in the GB settings.
- Scroll down and select the “Turn off voice calls” option. This will disable all voice and video calls from WhatsApp.
Finally, you will no longer receive WhatsApp calls, GBWhatsApp will limit all incoming voice or video calls on WhatsApp.
Method 3: mute WhatsApp calls
Since WhatsApp does not have a built-in feature to disable WhatsApp calls, you can always mute your voice or incoming WhatsApp video calls. Follow the steps below to mute WhatsApp calls:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap three vertical dots in the upper right corner to access the Settings.
- Now tap on the Notifications section. Then, scroll down, then tap Ringtone and choose “None“.
- Finally, you can tap Vibrate and turn it off.
This way, you can turn off all WhatsApp voice calls. This method will not disable WhatsApp calls, but it will disable all incoming WhatsApp calls.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I disable WhatsApp calls? You can easily disable WhatsApp calls by downloading the GBWhatsApp application or by downloading the previous version of official WhatsApp. You can easily follow the methods we have mentioned in this guide.
- How do I turn off WhatsApp calls on an Android phone? If you want to turn off your WhatsApp calls on your Android phone; then you can turn off notifications for all incoming WhatsApp calls. For this, go to WhatsApp settings> notifications to turn off notification sounds.
- How can I stop WhatsApp calls without blocking them? You can turn off notifications for incoming calls for individual contacts on your phone. For this, open the conversation with your contact on WhatsApp and tap on the contact’s name. Go to custom notifications and turn off notifications for that specific contact.
- How can they disable WhatsApp calls? You can do this by installing an application called “Disable Whatsapp Calls“ from Apk Pure.